Re: Pronunciation Lexicon Requirements

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:03:16 +0100
To: "Alex Rechister" <Alex@nsc.co.il>
Cc: <www-voice@w3.org>

Hi Alex,

"Alex Rechister" <Alex@nsc.co.il> writes:

> I have 2 questions about Pronunciation Lexicon requirements:
> 1) I would like to know if there is some standard of specifying the encoding of the text in the Pronunciation Lexicon document.

If you're talking about the character encoding, then the answer is
that a lexicon being an XML document, any software that will read the
lexicon will be required to support XML and thus at least UTF-8 and
UTF-16 encodings.

Note that a first working draft of the specification has been released
after the requirements. See
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-pronunciation-lexicon-20050214/>

Cheers,

Max.