RE: Processing of multiple grammars [clarification]

From: Douglas Currie <DugzDC@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:01:12 -0000
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi Teemu,

Thanks very much for your reply - this is pretty much exactly what I
wanted to hear.  Thanks for your explanation - it was very clear.

I agree that this sort of VXML is duff, but for slightly different
reasons.  I think that if someone defines a grammar '8', but there's an
existing '88' inherited from an outer scope, there's a good chance the
result won't be what the coder intended.  Unless they are aware of that
'88' grammar, interdigittimeout, rather than termtimeout, will be used.

Normally the consequences will be irrelevant.  It's nailed me once
already, however.  Especially important if you only have access to a
'slice' of the VXML (for example, not the root doc) and don't have
access to the VXML browser diagnostics.

Doug