Re: Processing of multiple grammars [clarification]

From: Douglas Currie <DugzDC@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:36:43 -0000
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
I should point out that the timeout, etc. properties listed are
identical for each grammar - I just listed the ones I thought were
relevant.

I guess the question can be boiled down to this:

Given these grammars:
1 * - low precedence
2 * | ** - high precedence
with interdigit timeout > termtimeout and termchar set up, what should
happen if the user presses a single *?

Shoud it be:
A) VXML is invalid
B) return a match with 2 after interdigit timeout
C) return a match with 2 after termtimeout
D) return a match with 1 after termtimeout

The spec doesn't explicitly say whether grammar 2 should override
grammar one for the single * case ***while matching***.  It says that
grammar scoping applies *after* a match has been found, but makes no
reference to consulting other grammars when checking an individual
grammar.

Thanks,
Doug