Re: Notes on the say-as note

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:22:04 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: "Eira Monstad" <eiram@opera.com>, www-voice@w3.org

"Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com> writes:

>>> Billy Bragg's final concert will be 7:30pm, 21 August 2005. Tickets on
>>> sale from 9h00, 21/6.
>>>
>>> Come celebrate my birthday from 7:30pm June 3.
>>
>> Fair enough. I'd hate to write the format string for all those to
>> work, though.
>>
>> Max.
>
> HMmd / HMdmy / md@HM / ... ?

Of course you can always do it (even if I still don't want to define
the format...). Even though I tend to agree with Eira that fractions
should have been in this first version, I think this one goes beyond
the "most critical" say-as values.

As indicated in the status section, if the working group were to
introduce this work into a Recommendation-track document, we can
expect more care would be taken in gathering requirements and
motivations for other formats.

Max.