Re: Notes on the say-as note

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:20:32 +0200, Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> wrote:

> "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com> writes:
>
>> In particular I am curious about why there is no date/time...
>> Date-time therefore relies entirely on guessing by proximity or context,
>> when many commen ways of specifying it are relatively straightforward
>> allowing for a bit of "verbal putty" in between the two.
>
> I find it hard to come up with a convincing example.

Billy Bragg's final concert will be 7:30pm, 21 August 2005. Tickets on
sale from 9h00, 21/6.

Come celebrate my birthday from 7:30pm June 3.

And other such events.

> one would write the "on" and "at" wouldn't they?

Perhaps. This is the "verbal putty" I was referring to.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com