Re: Notes on the say-as note

From: Eira Monstad <eiram@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:57:31 +0200
To: "W3 voice" <www-voice@w3.org>, "Pawson, David" <David.Pawson@rnib.org.uk>

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:03:57 +0200, Pawson, David
<David.Pawson@rnib.org.uk> wrote:

>     > Please note my formal objection to this use-case, and
>     hence the note.
>    What use-case, exactly?
> That of Norwegian as a reason not to follow the W3C note on times.

Norwegian/Danish 24 for midnight is not the reason not to follow the W3C
note on time. Let me once again stress that the note *already* does not
follow the W3C note on times, for good and clearly explained reasons.
Adding 24 as an allowed time is not the triggering factor here. The reason
not to follow the W3C note on times is that the intention of say-as is to
mark up already existing, non-regular notations written for humans, in
order for machines to interpret them correctly.

With this in mind, I'm just suggesting a minor change to the say-as note,
not a revolution.

--
Eira Monstad
Core QA