How to know the termchar in a <field> input

From: Deusdit Correa Cornejo <dcorrea@voxiva.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:18:40 -0500
To: <www-voice@w3.org>

Hello everybody,

I have a logical question, I guess. Please, don't let me wrong.

How can a developer know if the user have finished to enter digits in a
<field> using either the "termchar" or the "interdigittimeout" property?.

Acording with the current specification the "...the termchar is not included
as part of the recognized value." (Appendix D - Section D.1) and the
"utterance" <field> shadow variable "...will contain the matched digit
string." (Table 10). In other words, the "utterance" variable doesn't
include the "termchar".

On the other hand, the <record> element has a shadow variable "termchar"
(Table 17). I think both elements, <field> and <record>, are input fields so
I think both should have a consistent shadow variables.

I'd appreciate any comments about it.

Regards

Deusdit Correa Cornejo