VoiceXML and Servlets problem

From: <plan@ait.gr>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:11:25 +0200 (EET)
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hello everybody,

I am using VoiceXML and servlets for a project of mine.
As a VoiceXML browser I use Elvira. However, I faced a problem with
servlets and I don't know if it is a problem of Elvira or a problem of how
servlets work. The problem is:

I browse a VoiceXML document which is placed in a Tomcat Web Server by:
>elvira http://localhost:8080/myplace/menu.vxml

This document includes a form with several fields and when a field is
"filled", then I submit a variable to my servlet by:
<submit next="http://localhost:8080/myplace/myservlet" namelist="var"/>

This works perfectly and my servlet returns VoiceXML code by:

response.setContentType("text/xml; charset=UTF-8");
PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
out.println("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>");
out.println("<vxml version=\"2.0\">");
out.println("<form>");
out.println("  <block>Go again to the menu.");
out.println("    <goto next=\"http://localhost:8080/myplace/menu.vxml\"/>");
out.println("  </block>");
out.println("</form>");
out.println("</vxml>");
out.close();

The "goto" works which means that the Elvira browser interprets again the
menu.vxml document. But when again a field is "filled", the submit does
not work properly. Thus, my servlet does not receive anything!!! However,
the crazy thing is that the vxml document continues to work properly with
no errors!!!

Could you please tell me if you have faced a relevant problem and if it is
a problem of Elvira or something else. Also, a solution could be great! :)

Thank you in advance,
Panagiotis Langas.