Re: SIP NOTIFY and VoiceXML

Technologies @ Phonologies wrote:

>> It is natural to use VoiceXML to drive the behaviour of a SIP user
>> agent. Now SIP provides the SUBSCRIBE-NOTIFY mechanism, how does
>> VoiceXML and SIP NOTIFY tie together?
>>
> Also, if u think the SIP platform should be driven by the Application,
> then it should better be left to
> CCXML instead of VoiceXML.
>
> raj

Hi RJ Auburn, raj, others,

Yes, I think it makes sense to use CCXML for this purpose. Since SIP
NOTIFY is a rather fundamental element of the SIP functionality, I hope
some standard practices may come up eventually.

However, I would continue to use VoiceXML for this purpose, as adding
CCXML seem an overkill for me for just doing this purpose. I would
definitely consider CCXML when other functionalities of CCXML are needed
as well.

I just thought that the other way to send the SIP/NOIFY is to perform an
HTTP request to a remote web server, such as a servlet or CGI and let it
handles sending the SIP NOTIFY message. However, it is typical that the
VoiceXML browsers actually contain the SIP stack itself, so for the time
being I think I would go for the <object> solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tony Cheung