Re: Browser Support for Grammar Precedence Rules in VXML

From: Jeff Kusnitz <jk@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:14:30 -0800
To: "Harvey, Chris" <chris.harvey@nz.unisys.com>
Cc: www-voice@w3.org

Are you refering to the rules defined in 3.1.4 of the VoiceXML
specification?  I'd be a little surprised if someone claimed to support
VoiceXML 2.0 and didn't support them.  Implementation *should* be
independent of the speech recognizer, but I can imagine there might be
instances where a recognizer has limitations which make it difficult or
impossible to implement for the browser (if the recognizer only supported
a single active grammar, for example)

Jeff