RE: ACCEPT attribute for grammars

From: Tracy Boehrer <tboehrer@calltower.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:46:03 -0800
To: "Jeff Kusnitz" <jk@us.ibm.com>, "Wolfeld,Jeff" <jwolfeld@cisco.com>
Cc: <www-voice@w3.org>
This is basically what we do.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jeff Kusnitz [mailto:jk@us.ibm.com]
	Sent: Tue 11/25/2003 1:26 PM
	To: Wolfeld,Jeff
	Cc: www-voice@w3.org
	Subject: Re: ACCEPT attribute for grammars

	A browser wouldn't have to generate six different grammars, it would have
	to generate one grammar with six or so rules (or possibly one rule with a
	number of optional parts).

	  $command = $stargazer | $astrophysics | $news |
	                             ( $stargazer $astrophysics ) | ( $stargazer
	$news ) | ( $stargazer $astrophysics $news ) |
	  $stargazer = Stargazer;
	  $astrophysics = Astrophysics;
	  $news = News;

	Something to that effect anyway..

	Jeff

	> How are voice browser developers expected to implement
	ACCEPT="APPROXIMATE"
	> in grammars?  It appears to be defined for VXML, but there is no such
	> provision in SRGS+XML.  The only way I can see is to create multiple
	SRGS
	> grammars, one for each legal combination of words.  For example,
	"Stargazer
	> Astrophysics News" would require six grammars:
	>
	> Stargazer Astrophysics News
	> Stargazer Astrophysics
	> Astrophysics News
	> Stargazer
	> Astrophysics
	> News

	"Wolfeld,Jeff" <jwolfeld@cisco.com>
	Sent by: www-voice-request@w3.org
	11/25/2003 12:20 PM

	How are voice browser developers expected to implement
	ACCEPT="APPROXIMATE"
	in grammars?  It appears to be defined for VXML, but there is no such
	provision in SRGS+XML.  The only way I can see is to create multiple SRGS
	grammars, one for each legal combination of words.  For example,
	"Stargazer
	Astrophysics News" would require six grammars:

	Stargazer Astrophysics News
	Stargazer Astrophysics
	Astrophysics News
	Stargazer