From: Royles, Chris [mailto:Chris.Royles@vicorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 5:40 AM
To: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: VoiceXML

Apologies if this has been posted on the wrong forum, I wish to provide
feedback on the VoiceXML standard, and a possible limitation in designing
voice dialogs.

We have a particular application where the call must last for no longer than
a specific period of time. The problem is that we cannot limit the maximum
time a user is within a dialog or interactive block.

The VoiceXML standard does define a 'timeout' attribute on dialogs which
allows begin and end of input timeout durations, but we need an overall
'overriding' limit for the total time within the dialog.

The 'maxtime' attribute on 'record', is similar to what we have in mind. It
should be possible to constrain each and every dialog to a total interaction
duration.

regards, Chris Royles / development team.

Vicorp			Dr Christopher Royles
Wexham Springs		Senior Software Engineer
Framewood Road		+44 (0)1753 660 583
Wexham			+44 (0)1753 660 501
SL3 6PJ			chris.royles@vicorp.com
Great Britain		http://www.vicorp.com