RE: VXML support for hearing impaired (TDD)

From: Galpin, Mike <mgalpin@syntellect.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:46:08 -0700
To: www-voice@w3.org

Bhaskar,

This is really a function of the browser platform you select rather than the
language.

While including many features to support speech applications, VoiceXML and
it's dependent input (SRGS) and output (SSML) languages do not make any
assumptions that preclude their use in TDD applications any more than DTMF
applications are precluded.

In some ways a TDD VoiceXML browser is a less complicated "device" than a
speech browser. Text SSML content does not have to be rendered to speech,
merely the TDD protocol in use and the callers responses do not have a
"recognition" step - they can be passed directly to the SRGS interpreter.

That said I do not know of a TDD VoiceXML browser.

Regards,
Mike