VoiceXML2: Examples

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:17:24 +0100
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hi,

I would like to object that all the examples in VoiceXML2 come with an
XML declaration and a schemaLocation attribute. It makes the language
appear unneccesarily complex. The Hello World example would be much
simpler as:

<vxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml" version="2.0">
  <form>
    <block>Hello World!</block>
  </form>
</vxml>

schemaLocation bothers me more than by just making the examples hard to
read. It suggests that the declaration is mandatory (which the XMLSchema
refutes), or even that the use of the schema is.

--
Max.