RE: link metadata cannot override server media type

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 07:07, Scott McGlashan wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thank you for your public comments on SRGS 1.0.
>
> This issue has been discussed many times within the group. It is
> explicitly discussed in the Last Call Disposition of Comments -
> http://www.w3.org/2002/06/speech-grammar-comments.html#GC09-20 - where
> we took into account the W3C Director's requested modification. Since
> the SMIL 2.0 Recommendation uses 'type' in a similar way, we believe
> there are other specs which set the precedence and, at this stage, no
> 'fix' is required.

I disagree; I don't find this a satisfactory justification for
declining my request. In fact, I don't see any technical
justification the way the spec is at all.

> However, if further evidence comes to light, please
> let us know.

No, the burden is on you to (attempt to) satisfy me.

"5.2.4 Proposed Recommendation (PR)

Entrance criteria. Before advancing a technical report to Proposed
Recommendation, the Director must be satisfied that:

[...]
   2. the Working Group has formally addressed issues raised during the
previous review or implementation period (possibly modifying the
technical report)"
 -- http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/tr.html#RecsCR

If you aren't interested in negotiating further based
on the information I sent, be sure to note this as
outstanding dissent when you request Proposed
Rec status.

> The SRGS testsuite already contains tests for this feature.

Pointer, please?