RE: Critical missing feature in SSML specification

Glen Shires wrote:

<snip/>
> I would think
> implementation
> would be vastly easier and more robust if a "stop" command
> (e.g. from a
> scripted object) was simply sent to the TTS-engine/renderer

DaveP.
If I understand it right, the synth takes in chunks of text
and speaks them, which defines the granularity.
Whilst agreeing this stop functionality is (should be) an aspect
of the application layer, hence perhaps should be a polite request
to vendors to provide it; I'd like to extend it a little to make
the 'restart after stop' command go back to the previous tag start,
e.g. to the start of a para in some XML, or the start of the chunk
of content that was fed to the synth last, rather than mid phrase,
if you follow.

regards DaveP.

*** snip here ***

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk