Re: CCXML and in-band announcements

From: RJ Auburn <rj@voxeo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:54:42 -0800
To: ferreiro_j@tsm.es, www-voice@w3.org

Javier,

Let me try and take a shot at answering your questions:

> 1. Does CCXML (draft 11 october 2002) explicitly allows the generation
> of
> in-band announcements by means of CCXML-VoiceXML service logic? By
> in-band
> announcements I mean playing .wav files before invoking ACCEPT on an
> inbound call scenario.

We have just been talking about this in the working group. The current
spec does not allow or disallow this and it would be up to the platform
to decide what would happen if you started a dialog before you accepted
a call. Because this is a feature that is not always available in all
telephony environments it's not something that can be required on all
systems. A future draft of the spec may have a more definitive answer
on this.

> 2. In Section 12, example 4, draft 11 october 2002:
> *which event is received if the caller abandons at the same time the
> application invokes ACCEPT?

CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED

> *if the caller abandons while "holdmusic.vxml", is it received a
> error.dialog.notstarted/error.dialog.wrongstate? some other event?

You would get a CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED event for the caller and any
dialogs that were started would cause a error.dialog.wrongstate event.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Chair, Call Control Subgroup, VBWG, W3C