Comments for SSML 1.0 Last Call Working Draft

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:43:44 -0800
To: www-voice@w3.org

Dear editors,

These are minor editorial comments for your Speech Synthesis Markup
Language Last Call Working Draft [1]. It has come a long way in the
past year and looks nice.

In the embedded CSS, for each occurrence of font-family: mono; use
"monospace" instead.

Results of
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-speech-synthesis-20021202/,spell gives
lots of false positives but it did find these:

s/estabilish/establish/
s/sucessfully/successfully/
s/behaviour/behavior/

In the first table in 2.1.4, did you mean to spell out an example for
'telephone'?

Can "concatenative-type synthetic speech systems" be simplified as
"concatenating synthetic speech systems"?

In 3.2.1, one [RFC2396] -> RFC 2396

Some of the authors/editors/publishers names in the references section
are followed by a comma, one nothing, and some by a period. I'd make
them match.

s/The W3C Standard/This W3C standard/
s/'anyURI '/'anyURI'/
s/whitespace/white space/ (see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-common-syn)
s/meta data/metadata/
s/namespaces in XML/Namespaces in XML/
s/members of the W3C Voice Browser Working Group/participants in
   the W3C Voice Browser Working Group/
s/mime type/MIME type/

We've changed the preferred spelling
s/Acknowledgements/Acknowledgments/ (my error)

Did you mean "Tim Berners-Lee's" or someone else, "Tim Lee's"?

It isn't necessary to capitalize normative and informative in the
appendixes' section labels.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-speech-synthesis-20021202/

Best wishes for your project,
--