Questions on CCXML 11 October 2002 spec

From: Chris Parrinello <chrisp@chrispy.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 12:53:46 -0600
To: www-voice@w3.org

I have been reading the CCXML spec and I have a few questions on the
spec and CCXML in general:

Section 9.2.4

After many readings, I am still confused about what the <move> tag
actually does. I think partially this might be a result of the
terminology used in the spec regarding event "endpoints". "endpoint" in
the case of the <move> tag is used to describe where an event originates
from. But the <move> tag seems to be implying that we are moving where
an event is sent to when an event is created.

Can anybody provide any examples of usage of the <move> tag? Also, I
would recommend avoiding the term "endpoint" since it could have a dual
meaning of where events come from and also where they are going to. I
would recommend using terms such as "sink"/"source" or
"origination/destination" to clearly delineate what is being changed
when the <move> tag is being executed.

Section 10.3

For the conferencing set of tags, the spec says that an asynchronous
event will be posted to the document when a conference operation is
completed but, except in the case of a <join>, the spec doesn't say what
event types are sent.

More to follow...

Thanks,
Chris