Voxpilot's Implementation Report for VoiceXML 2.0

From: Dave Burke <david.burke@voxpilot.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:18:50 +0100
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Attached is an Implementation Report for the VoiceXML 2.0 specification
submitted by Voxpilot Ltd. To the best of our knowledge, all required features
are supported*, with many of the optional features also implemented.

Voxpilot has implemented the W3C VoiceXML 2.0 specification in full
in its SpeechSuite platform, a high performance, native implementation of
W3C Speech Interface Framework technologies. Tailored for the international
market, Voxpilot's implementation includes complete multilanguage and
character encoding support.

Voxpilot has found the VoiceXML 2.0 specification to be a well-written, concise,
and solid open standard. Through our voxBuilder hosting environment, we have
offered timely implementations of VoiceXML to our European developer community,
providing early support for each version as it has progressed through the W3C
process. This has afforded us real implementation experience and allowed us to
leverage the many benefits that W3C standardization has enabled, leading to the
wide range of VoiceXML tools and applications currently supported on our platform.

* With exception to assertion 657 and by repairing two tests (see comments in submission)

Dave Burke
Voxpilot Ltd