Re: [voicexml] grammar for abc spelling

From: RJ Auburn <rj@voxeo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:32:06 -0800
To: <voicexml@yahoogroups.com>, Yahn Teisseire <yahn@ukibi.com>
CC: <www-voice@w3.org>
Yahn,

The problem that you are running into is that just doing speech reco using
letters is very complicated and the current speech reco systems are not very
good at it yet.

However if you are looking for a name capture solution there are a several
companies that offer grammars that tuned for this type of application and
can give much better results. I know Nuance and Targus offer products and I
am sure there are a few others.

I hope this helps,

CTO
Voxeo Corporation