Speech Browser Component Recommendations

From: <jwei@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:36:15 -0500
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hello,

I am currently learning VoiceXML as part of an undergraduate
project to build a VoiceXML speech browser.  Does anyone have
any recommendations on what I should use to provide the
components of the speech browser?  I am currently considering:

VoiceXML Interpreter: OpenVXI
Text-to-Speech Engine: IBM ViaVoice TTS SDK (Windows)
Speech Recognition Engine: IBM ViaVoice SDK (Windows)
Telephony Platform: Vovida SIP stack

but if anyone has used other packages before and found them
satisfactory, I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Wei