<dialogstart> - clumsy?

From: Baard Bugge <baard.bugge@consorte.no>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:33:55 +0100
To: "'www-voice@w3.org'" <www-voice@w3.org>
The <dialogstart> tag seems clumsy to me. It launches a vxml dialog and
associates it with a leg. So it does two operations. A better design would
be to let it do what the name implies; launch a vxml interpreter and only
that. To associate the interpreter to a leg the separate tag should be used.

And it gets worse. The <dialogstart> tag seems to iniatate a vxml on the
caller leg. This is confusing. The vxml interpreter should have a leg of its
own. To connect the caller to the dialog a <join> tag should be used.

	caller leg		dialog leg

In this way the legs and the audio sources/sinks (e.g. vxml interpreters)
can live happily unaware of each other and its up tp the ccxml script to
manipulate them. I see no reason why a vxml dialog should be any different
from any other audio source/sink, one could even imagine several running in
parrallell along side with e.g. radio-streams, muzak-players.

--
Baard Bugge
Norway