Re: grammar that matches arbitrary word?

From: Markku Savela <msa@msa.tte.vtt.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:27:51 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org
Thanks for the clarifications.

As I come from Finnish language point, I for a moment forgot the
difficulties of English recognition. The relation between spoken
and written Finnish is such that, I believe it would quite possible to
build a Finnish speech to text recognizer that would not need any
dictionaries. ...Of course, that would limit my phone directory only
to Finnish names :-)