RE: VoiceXML2.0: Missing "destexpr" attribute in specification of <record> element

James,

thank you for your public response to VoiceXML.

To address your specific points:

1. <record> has considerable value without 'dest' --- see numerous
publications (e.g. VoiceXML Review
http://www.voicexml.org/Review/index.html), conference presentations and
even the specification itself for such uses of <record>. For example, a
basic voice mail record and playback service can be built.

2. There are no public plans to add a general EVAL feature to VoiceXML
2.0.

Due to W3C member confidentially, I cannot go into the details of
specific technical decisions or even specific features which are being
considered for future versions (until that information is made public by
the group). If you are seriously interested in that level of technical
discussion I would encourage you to join the Voice Browser Group --- see
http://www.w3.org for membership details. This will give you access to
our internal discussions and decision-making process.

Please let me know if this reply is unsatisfactory, or you want further
information.

thanks

Scott

(Chairman, W3C VB VoiceXML Committee).