Re: VoiceXML2.0: Missing "destexpr" attribute in specification of <record> element

From: James Salsman <j.salsman@bovik.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:14:28 -0800 (PST)
To: FelixW@inin.com (Wyss, Felix)
Cc: www-voice@w3.org
> The VoiceXML 2.0 specification introduces a "dest" attribute for the
> <record> element.  However, there is no "destexpr" attribute (similar
> to <transfer>).  I presume this is an omission in the working draft.

Perhaps you can use RECORD's NAME attribute in conjunction with the
SUBMIT element's NAMELIST, METHOD=POST, and ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"?

Speaking of omissions in VoiceXML drafts, I notice that Lernout &
Hauspie left endpointing (also called segmentation and alignment)
out of the so-called semantic interpretation working draft:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-semantic-interpretation-20011116/

even though they produce a product to accomplish the required task.

Anyway, with the large number of low-cost and no-cost recognition
systems presently available, a handful of which have endpointing
features built-in, this sorry state of affars is surmountable.
However, VoiceXML is presently incapable of the task.

Endpointing is essential to perform the operations described on:

  http://llt.msu.edu/vol2num2/article3/#Figure3

Best wishes,
James