goto next=#f2 while in subdialog with params?

From: Markku Savela <msa@msa.tte.vtt.fi>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:50:26 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org
Just another silly uncertainty on my part.. (a minor detail actually)

Suppose we are executing a subdialog wich is using <param ...> to pass
values, and the called dialog makes a transfer to another dialog in
same or different document using <goto>.

 <subdialog name="result" src="#f1"/>
     <param name="x" expr="'foo'"/>
 </subdialog>

<vxml>
 <form id="f1">
    <var name="x" expr="'uh'"/>
        <goto next="#f2"/>
 </form>

 <form id="f2">
    <var name="x" expr="'bar'"/>
    // Assuming we come here via subdialog -> f1 -> f2,
    // is anyone assuming that "x" should have value 'foo'?
    // (instead of 'bar'?)
 </form>
</vxml>

Another verification: <param> has no effect on variables declared at
document level, even if the name is same? For example...

   <subdialog name="result" src="test.vxml#f1">
      <param name="x" expr="1"/>
      <param name="y" expr="2"/>
   </subdialog>

test.vxml

<vxml>
  <var name="x" expr="'foo'">

  <form id="f1">
     <var name="y" expr="'bar'">

     // here x still has value 'foo', but y has value 2, right?

  </form>
</vxml>

-------------------------

The implementation of <param> needs some weird coding that is nothing
like normal subroutine call in programming languages. When processing
subdialog, one has to activate first a new document scope with it's
declared variables, possibly a new application scope and finally
activate the unnamed dialog scope, at which point the <param> should
be dealt with.

This seems lead to implementation where "param info" is retained in
context and if present, would affect var's in the dialog
activation. Thus, I need to now whether I should invalidate "param
info" in context after the first activated dialog or just let it
affect all subsequent dialogs.