Re: ASR without underlying grammar?

From: martin j nilsson <Martin.Nilsson@appium.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:37:49 +0100 (WEST)
To: www-voice@w3.org
Hi,

A quick note on this part is that this is already very easy to implement in
VoiceXML and I don't really see the need for a built-in grammar for it. It,
of course, needs to be localized since most people aren't native english
speakers. Another problem is that most people don't seem to know their own
language's spelling (or phonetic) alphabet very well.

Just my two cents.

> As a solution, the user could spell the name out, using a
> built-in grammar for a phonetic alphabet ("Andrew,
> Benjamin, Charlie" etc., or anything equivalent for a
> specific language),

regards,
    martin

This email was sent using Appium's Unified Communication.

Visit us at www.appium.com