Grammars

From: Laura Ramirez Polo <ramirezp@informatik.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:10:58 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hi!
I am doing a research on VoiceXML and other XML-based languages for the
Speech Framework. When reading about SRGF, following doubt came up: can you
declare XML-SRGF Grammars inline, embedded in a VoiceXML Document? I have
been reading the VoiceXML 2.0 Specification and there is an example of an
embedded XML- Speech Recognition Grammar (3.1.1.1. Inline Grammars). However
Bod Edgar states in his book "The VoiceXML Handbook" that Grammars in the XML
Form can only be declared in separated files.
Can anybody please bring some light to this mess?
Thanks!

Laura Ramirez Polo
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Germany