Re: VoiceXML comments from Elvira development team - part I

From: Pavel Cenek <pavel.cenek@itek.norut.no>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:48:43 +0200
To: Laura Werner <laura@bevocal.com>
CC: www-voice@w3.org
I forgot to react on this:

>>2 - ECMA Script variables must be declared
>>Can be use of undeclared variables in ECMA Script prevented somehow?
>
> Certainly.  The VoiceXML 2.0 drafts don't specify *how* you prevent this,
> just that you *must* prevent it.

OK, it requires to change the ECMA script interpreter in a way. Is it
still ECMA Script according to the ECMA-262 standard?

I agree with the policy of VoiceXML - use of undeclared variables is
ugly and very often signalizes an error, but it should be stated that
this is a non standard behavior of ECMA Script.

    Pavel