Re: CCXML

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Hari Kishan N wrote:
> Hi Auburn,
> I am not clear about the functionality of CCXML, can you please clarify my
> foll. queries.
> 1. Is it going to support various telecom. protocols like PRI,SIP,ISUP
> etc....??

The idea of CCXML is that it would not be specific to any individual
telephony protocol but should be able to support many of the features
depending on how it was implemented.

> 2. I have come across some VoiceXML tags like connect, transfer etc...then
> what are this for...??

While VoiceXML does have the <transfer> tag it does not provide a full set
of call control features. There is work in the CCXML group to allow it to
integrate with the VoiceXML call control features.

> 3.Where can I find details of the the CCXML .

The spec has not been released to the public yet. We will announce it as
soon as it is out!

> 4.And is our Voice Browser going to support this or do we need some other
> components.

That question is something you would have to ask your Voice Browser vendor.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with,

	RJ Auburn

--

RJ Auburn
Chief Network Architect

Bring your web application to the phone for free.
Find out how at http://community.voxeo.com