Explanation of the recsrc attribute of the <value> element?

From: Ashley Unitt <ashley@newvoicemedia.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:18:17 -0000
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question so please
tell me if there is a better place to ask.

I am trying to understand the meaning of the recsrc attribute in the <value>
element (VoiceXML v1.0 specification).

I guess this is to allow alternative recordings to be used for things like
numbers etc. but I'm struggling a bit to see how this works because surely
different implementations will use different naming schemes for their
prompts? (e.g. one implementation may concatenate one.wav, hundred.wav,
and.wav and one.wav to say "101" and another may just play 101.wav).

Is this URI just the directory to use for the prompts, does it specify all
the prompts or does it have some other meaning?

Thanks in advance

Ashley

--
Ashley Unitt