Re: Question on Stochastic Language Models (N-Gram) Specification WD 3 January 2001

From: Paul van Mulbregt <paulvm@ne.mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:53:19 -0500
To: www-voice@w3.org
Thanks for your long and thoughtful reply, James, but I had actually meant
the question in a much more nuts-and-bolts way. (My own background is LM
R&D at the former Dragon Systems).  Rather than immediately list reasons
why I didn't think the spec solved what I thought it was trying to solve, I
wanted to find out what the authors thought the problem was.  And I wanted
to follow the data all the way to the platform seeing exactly what the
authors envisioned happening at each step.
Cheers,
Paul
Paul van Mulbregt,  paulvm@ne.mediaone.net