Re: mark's and richard's comments on SSML

From: Richard Sproat <rws@research.att.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:21:30 -0500
To: Alex.Monaghan@Aculab.com, www-voice@w3.org

  Richard: "in the current situation what you have is a
  system that will not necessarily be able to implement what you want to

Here I'm describing the situation that one is likely to have with
certain classes of synthesizers. I am not claiming that this would
constitute an acceptable notion of compliance. Quite the opposite: I
think the situation is perfectly unacceptable. I had thought that was
clear, but maybe I should have spelled this out explicitly.