VXML and existing HTML content

From: Fabrizio Giacomelli <giacomelli@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:08:34 +0200
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi,

Is it possible inside/by VXML to obtain, to get and manage information (content) from existing web sites/portals on current HTML web servers? (not written in VXML)
If yes, how?

I mean: starting from my new VXML pages on a new VXML web server, can I get information from another, 'old' web server and use and provide it to the telephone caller?

Do i have to re-write completely in VXML my HTML company site or portal, to voice enable it?

In other words: how is VXML compatible with the existing huge HTML content?

thanks so much in advance to everyone may help us on this issue

best regards

Fabrizio Giacomelli
MEDIAVOICE S.r.l.
The Italian Speech Technology Company
Direct +39 06 44 266903
Fax +39 06 44 266903
Mobile +39(0)348 2658186
giacomelli@mediavoice.it
www.mediavoice.it
material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the
contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.