free-form Voice Input

From: Giles Cope <giles.cope@xtempus.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:04:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-voice@w3.org'" <www-voice@w3.org>
Can we have free-form (or nearly via the builtin: command)?

I've been hunting around the web trying to use VoiceXML to
transcribe a vocal message to an email, as an example application.

The only way I can think of getting round it by
using the record command and using javax.speech.recognition
to access the dictation facilities of the VoiceBrowser.

Is there a way to do it without this hack in VoiceXML 1.0,
and if not, will it be available in 1.1?

Giles Cope
Producer