Nominations call for "Best of 94 Soc. Sci. & Humanities Info.Systems"
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Subject: Nominations call for "Best of 94 Soc. Sci. & Humanities Info.Systems"
From: T. Matthew Ciolek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 15:18:26 +0100
(Apologies for any crossposting)
The Coombs Computing Unit at the Research Schools of Social Sciences & Pacific and Asian
Studies, Australian National University, Canberra, calls for nominations for the "Best of 1994 Social Sciences & Humanities Internet Info.Systems".
Readers are warmly invited to email <email@example.com> their nominations for the following seven (7) categories of networked facilities:
* Best overall SocSci/Humanities networked information system
* Best SocSci/Humanities FTP system
* Best SocSci/Humanities Gopher system
* Best SocSci/Humanities WWW system
* Best SocSci/Humanities Electronic Journal
* Best SocSci/Humanities Electronic (email) Forum/List/Discussion Group
* Best SocSci/Humanities On-line Database
All nominations (with subject line marked "BEST") need to provide the following details:
* Nomination category (eg. Overall, FTP, Gopher, WWW, E-journal, E-mail, Dbase)
* Info.System's name (eg. ABCD Studies & Resources Page)
* Info.System's institutional affiliation (eg. Univ of XYZ, Sweden)
* Info.System's URL (for a mailing-list its full name and electronic address)
* Total score awarded on the scale 1-10 points
- quality/ usefulness/ amount of information offered (0-5 pts)
- presentation/ ergonomics/ aesthetics/ accessibility (0-5 pts)
* Name & e-mail of the person sending the nomination
Participation in the "Best of 1994 Social Sciences & Humanities Inf. Resources" vote is open to all
people and all Internet sites. Any person may nominate more than one site in a given category. The
nominations close on 31 December 1994.
For interim results see the URL "http://coombs.anu.edu.au/SpecialProj/QLTY/BEST/Best94.html"
Final results of the poll will published in early January 1995. In order to preserve integrity and
spontaneity of the nominations process, members of the Coombs Computing Unit, ANU will abstain
from casting their "Best-of-94" votes.
Please feel free forward this message to other interested persons/mailing lists.
- with many regards -
Dr T. Matthew CIOLEK firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU Social Sciences Information Systems Administrator,
Coombs Computing Unit, Research School of Social Sciences,
Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
ph +61 (0)6 249 0110 fax: +61 (0)6 257 1893