Re: News...

Charles Petrie writes:

> Automatic quality determination is a topic much bigger than the
> WWW VL. Perhaps other people are working on this - at Galaxy or
> EIT for example. I don't know. But this is a big issue for all
> web servers - bigger than I want to work on.

I must say I agree.  The spirit of Arthur's suggestion that we
need to add something in that vein to the WWW VL is good as a
direction to go, but I think we need to be very careful about
coordinating, and not reinventing ... though I profess ignorance
of what there is.

> (Though I am in favor of doing someting to discourage people who
> think it's neat to load up a home page with lots of icons that
> take a long time, or never, to load.)

Heartily seconded!

--Steve.

                                           oo _\o
                                            \/\ \
                                              /
"Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug."
- Knopfler

Stephen C. Waterbury                EPIMS:  EEE Parts Information
Code 310.A, NASA/GSFC                           Management System
Greenbelt, MD 20771
Phone/FAX: 301-286-7557/1695        waterbug@epims1.gsfc.nasa.gov
World Wide Web:        http://epims1.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/me.html