From: john@coinsandhistory.com <john@coinsandhistory.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:39 AM - 10:39 AM
To: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: bug in validator? comments

This message is from an external sender. Please be careful when clicking on links and attachments.
Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie but am checking my code which has some css imbedded.  Your validator flags errors in statements which I've commented out using /*  comment */.  Comments are very important to me as I'm testing what works & what doesn't.  Of course I can always ignore the error report and the code runs fine in actual use <= or at least it runs.

Yours,
John K.

954-328-1795