Re: New "end of document in prolog" error

On 05/09/2017 06:10, Rich Pasco wrote:
> Starting today, all my pages which used to validate correctly are now
> giving this error message:
>
> Error Line 1, Column 1: end of document in prolog
> This error may appear when the validator receives an empty document.
> Please make sure that the document you are uploading is not empty, and
> report any discrepancy.
>
> The pages haven't changed, so the validator must have.
>
> A browser still displays the pages correctly, so I am certain they are
> not empty.
They may well not be empty on your server, Rich, but they may well be
empty when they arrive (or perhaps fail to arrive) at the server.  If
you were to provide the URL of one of the pages that you are trying to
validate, others will be in a better position to investigate and perhaps
advise.

Philip Taylor