Re: problem with validation results

From: Chuck Houpt <chuck@habilis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 20:49:16 -0400
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: support@muralsandfauxpainting.com

> On Oct 24, 2017, at 6:04 PM, support@muralsandfauxpainting.com wrote:
>
> But I have saved my file using Smultron to UTF-8. So how come your test says I am using windows-1252?
>
> Can you explain, please. I want to validate my pages.

The problem is that your web server sends an HTTP header that overrides the page's meta-charset:

You'll probably need to adjust your server configuration to not send charset info for HTML files. You could probably use:

RemoveCharset .html

Full Apache doc at:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_mime.html

Cheers - Chuck