Re: Error: 500 addr is not a string

Hi Kirby,

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:53 AM, Kirby Schroeder
<schroeder.kirby@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to validate an SVG file and am encountering a persistent
> error. The file is located here:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Basket_of_flowers.svg . When I
> attempt to validate it, whether by uploading the file or copying and pasting
> the content into the validator, I get an error that states "500 addr is not
> a string.." I have searched your database and searched the web for this
> error message, and have found nothing on it (literally: 0 search results).
> The image looks like it is rendering correctly in my browser (Firefox) but I
> am interested in also having it validated in order to ensure it will also
> work across different platforms. Any ideas what "500 addr is not a string"
> means?? Please let me know if so. Thank you!

I don't know why, but *I guess* it's because the file is too large. In
ParseTreePrinter[1], there's a SIZE_LIMIT constant, which is 2,097,152
bytes (1024 * 1024 * 2). However, the SVG file you provided is larger
(14,363,792 bytes).

[1] https://github.com/validator/validator/blob/b4641768dcd77851230a81a46c52e9ee1a2b57b3/src/nu/validator/servlet/ParseTreePrinter.java#L53-L54