Re: Nu Html Checker

Fuqiao Xue <xfq.free@gmail.com>, 2017-03-17 08:18 +0800:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:
> >
> > The HTML checker does not attempt to explicitly do any WCAG checks at all.
> > It only implements checks for requirements in the HTML spec.
>
> I did not test it, but there's a bookmarklet about WCAG 2.0 checking
> in this page: https://checker.html5.org/about.html

True, I hadn’t meant to neglect the availability of that. Thanks for
pointing it out.

So, what that actually does is, after you use the HTML checker to check a
document and the checker shows you the results, the bookmarklet filters out
any errors or warnings about HTML conformance issues that don’t also happen
to correspond to whatever HTML requirements are restated in the WCAG spec.

That is, it just shows you any error or warnings that do correspond to
whatever HTML requirements are restated in the WCAG spec.

So to be clear, that bookmarklet is also not doing any WCAG-specific
checking—instead it’s just showing you any HTML conformance issues your
document has that also happen to be issues that the WCAG spec identifies as
accessibility issues.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://sideshowbarker.net/