Re: Question

From: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:29:32 +0100
To: Andy Lowe <andy@andylowe.com>
Cc: W3C WWW Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
> Reason I ask is that I haven’t found a site that doesn’t report errors,
> including Google.co.uk  and even your own site… http://validator.w3.org has
> 6 errors reported?!

I read this as if the validator page itself was faulty; are you just
generally surprised that few sites would validate?

> Is it possible to have zero errors by your standards?

HTML is forgiving, by design, and validation is not everything; sadly,
many site owners and developers don’t recognize the importance of
validation from a craft and professionalism angle. Zero errors is not
only possible but also desirable from a quality standpoint.

--
Jens Oliver Meiert
https://meiert.com/en/