Re: Error message - abuse of IP address

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 16:54:36 +0900
To: Karen House <HouseK@hobbsschools.net>
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

> I am a teacher and we are using your validator to check our documents.
> When the student finds an error and then fixes it and rechecks, we get an
> error message:
> [cid:image001.jpg@01D202BF.D9DF39E0]
> Our IT guy says this problem is on your end and because we have one IP
> address going out and it appears as if they are from the same machine
> when they aren't. Any help or suggestions?

I recommend that you use https://checker.html5.org/ instead. It’s the same
checker backend, just without any rate limiting. As far as the W3C instance
of the checker goes, if it sees a pattern of requests like what you’ve
described, it’s going to trigger the rate-limit blocking we have set up,
and there’s no way around that.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike