Iframe alternative content

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 14:26:30 +0100
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
I was somewhat surprised when reading the spec for iframes to come
across the [content model][1] rules.

> When used in HTML documents, the allowed content model of iframe
> elements is
> text, except that invoking the HTML fragment parsing algorithm with
> the
> iframe element as the context element and the text contents as the
> input
> must result in a list of nodes that are all phrasing content, with no
> parse
> errors having occurred, with no script elements being anywhere in the
> list
> or as descendants of elements in the list, and with all the elements
> in the
> list (including their descendants) being themselves conforming.

This is a change from HTML 4 where it could contain %flow content which
included block elements.

Is this is bug or am I misunderstanding the spec?

[1]:
https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html#iframe-content-model