Re: Why Validate? page Buries the lead

From: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:34:48 +0100
To: Dan Dreifort <uncoolcentral@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C WWW Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
> Re: https://validator.w3.org/docs/why.html
>
> Google sends a bot out to parse your site. If it's chock-full of violations
> and errors, Googlebot is more likely to choke on it and/or misinterpret your
> message.

I don’t think there’s evidence for that, either. HTML parsing is
extremely tolerant, and search engines seem to have become better at
“understanding” pages over time, too. Garbage code doesn’t correlate
with garbage user experience, nor garbage indexing.

(None of this is to imply I could comment from my time working for Google.)

--
Jens Oliver Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

✎ The Little Book of HTML/CSS Frameworks: http://meiert.com/frameworks