Re: and it passed xhtml strict

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 22:14:19 +0000
To: "Eric Richards" <2eric.richards@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On 28 Dec 2016, at 18:50, Eric Richards wrote:
> I went edit a file with notepad a few hours after it had passed xhtml
> strict and found a couple of " where i am sure the validator should
> said to replace with &ldquo; or &rdquo; or whatever

XHTML never requires that you use `&ldquo;` or `&rdquo;` since the
characters they represent have no special meaning in XHTML.

If `"` ever needs replacing, it will be with `&quot;`. It isn’t
possible to say if you are correct about the validator being in error
because you didn’t provide a [test case][1].

[1]: http://sscce.org/