Re: peport`s error

27.12.2016, 18:26, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

> The n-grams the language detector
> uses for identifying Estonian are here:
>
>   https://raw.githubusercontent.com/validator/validator/master/resources/language-profiles/et
>
> As far as I can see, there are no Cyrillic letters in there.

There are some, starting from the very first string " пр". But they have
low frequencies. Somewhat more surprisingly, there are even katakana
letters,"アア", and CJK characters, "三". There are also vowels with
macron, like "ē", which do not appear in Estonian. Apparently the data
is based on texts with Estonian main content but some Russian, Baltic
language, and even Japanese words included. This is somewhat
problematic, but it does not seem to explain the misclassification, due
to low frequency numbers. As a whole, I would expect this data recognize
Estonian relatively well – and surely not mistake Russian for Estonian,
assuming that the algorithm is reasonable.

Yucca