Re: peport`s error

21.12.2016, 11:53, Алена Гордиенко wrote:

> This Is link at report`s result of my site.
>
> https://validator.w3.org/nu/?showsource=yes&doc=http%3A%2F%2Fpatronservice.ua#l1345c165

This is rather mysterious. But first let me point at a different
mystery: the message was sent December 21st and received by a w3.org
server same day, yet distributed to subscribers of the list December
27th. I have no idea of the cause of such delays (which have happened in
the post, but not this long).

> *Warning**: This document appears to be written in Estonian but
> the *|html|* **start tag has *|lang="ru"|*. Consider
> using *|lang="et"|* **(or variant) instead.***

(The page has been changed so that it now contains lang="ru-RU", but
this hardly affects the issue.)

Wrong language guesses by the validator are not uncommon, but usually
there is a simple explanation, like hidden textual content at the start
of the document, in a language different from the main language of the
page. Here, however, we have a mystery. The page content (even as seen
by a validator) is almost exclusively in Russian, with just a few short
strings in Latin letters here and there. So how can a language analysis
guess that it is in Estonian, which is written in Latin letters?

I tried a divide and conquer method to isolate the cause of the problem,
by removing parts of the content until the wrong warning disappears. I
finally noticed that if I just remove the short <div> element with
class="header_contact" from the document, the warning is no longer
issued. But it’s something more complicated, since when I test that

<!doctype html>
<title>Test</title>
url(/user/img/icon_mobile.png); height: 40px; width: 40px;"></div>

и Barva<br/>9:00-20:00, Сб 10:00-18:00</span>

             <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Home Page',
'ReCall', 'Патрон Сервис|']);" id="recall" class="recall_shop" style=''
href="#">
             Вам перезвонить?</a>

I wonder what content there might confuse a language guesser so badly,
when the content is present in a context of a page in Russian, but not
when tested in isolation. And there is no Estonian word there.

Yucca